Underfloor Insulation in York
Without underfloor insulation the temperature on the surface of your floor will be close to the temperature under your floor. Insulation makes the temperature on the surface of your floor the same as the inside temperature of your home. In a nutshell, it comes down to affordable comfort. At Direct Energy Efficiency Solution Ltd, we offer underfloor insulation in York and throughout the surrounding areas.
Insulate to Remove Drafts
Reasons for Underfloor Insulation
Apart from comfort, there are several other reasons for installing effective underfloor insulation:
- A thoroughly insulated home will be more thermally efficient – meaning it will be warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Your home will retain its ‘conditioned air’ for much longer, meaning that your heating and cooling systems will achieve the set temperature
much sooner and will maintain that temperature for much longer.
- Retained conditioned air translates directly to lower energy bills – around 20% lower. However, that does not take into account the fact that you are also more likely to turn down the thermostat because you will feel much more comfortable.
- Gas heated homes will experience quite a big jump in heating costs this winter due to the world gas parity pricing issues being experienced.
- Any home owner looking to get off grid definitely needs to ensure they have minimised heat flow through the building elements.
- Your home will be much quieter with underfloor insulation in place.
- Pension Credit Guarantee
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Support
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Working or Child Tax Credit
- Universal Credit